Thursday, January 15, 2015

200 HR Yoga Teachers Training: Day Ten

"Yoga is for everyone." 
"Yoga is medicine."

Today I had the most profound happening in training. I know what I want to do. I know I specifically want to teach yoga for healing... and even more specifically I want to focus on PTSD.

At training we had the privilege of hearing from Dr. Vinson, a Neurologist. She was fantastic. She provided us with so much great information. Three things specifically stood out; the benefits of yoga for patients with MS, PTSD and Weight Loss. I know I want to focus on weight loss, as I am currently trying to shed weight, but I am so interested in helping our military men and women who suffer from PTSD and other ailments.

So, when I got home I did quite a bit of research on PTSD and Yoga and I found Yoga Warriors International. And, I am so thrilled with the possibility of getting more training in their supplemental teacher training course.

It would be such an amazing blessing to be able to spend time helping people who have so selflessly served our country. It might even be nice to do couple yoga classes for recently returned military and their spouses.

The first part of class we spent scripting to each other, SO HARD! The last part of class we did a short Primary series. I felt overwhelmed... and very not focused. How am I going to teach this whole series! I cant even do most of it! I know I can do it, I know I will do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment